The "Olympus Instagram Break Free Photo Contest" ("the Campaign") is a project that utilises internet-based content ("the Website") provided by Olympus Corporation ("the Secretariat"). During the Campaign, the Secretariat will post to the Website those photos and comments ("Posted Works") that it selects from those posted to Instagram by customers.
Please read the following submission agreement ("the Agreement") before making submissions to the Campaign. Customers who make submissions to the Campaign shall be deemed to have consented to the Agreement.
The Agreement is subject to change without notice, and as such those making submissions should be sure to check the content of the latest version of the Agreement on the Website every time they make a submission.
*URL of official Olympus Advantage website
1. Period for submissions
Submissions made from 3 pm on 10.01.2020 (Friday) to 11:59 pm on 31.03.2020 (Tuesday) (Japan time) will be deemed valid.
(This period may change.)
The following prize will be awarded to three people.
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III + M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
1st place: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark III + M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO + MC-20
2nd place: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M5 Mark III + M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO
3rd place: OLYMPUS OM-D E-M5 Mark III + M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm F3.5-6.3
3. Submission process and eligibility for submission
3-1. Submission process
- Submissions for the Campaign require an Instagram account and an environment that will allow the posting of these submissions using the internet.
- Those making submissions must follow the official "@olympus_breakfree" account.
3-2. Eligibility for submission
- Those resident in Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Australia, or New Zealand
- Those who have posted photos on Instagram with the "@olympus_breakfree" account name along with the two hashtags "#breakfree_olympus" and "#olympus_aunz"
- Those whose accounts are not public, or whose posts do not include these hashtags will not be eligible to receive a prize.
- Fees associated with submission, such as internet connection fees and data packet transmission fees shall be borne by the person making the submission.
- Submissions may not be possible in some cases due to the model of smartphone used or the circumstances it is used in, or the circumstances of transmission.
- Direct inquiries regarding smartphone settings, etc., to your cellular telephone company or to the maker of your smartphone. As a general rule, the campaign secretariat will not reply to such inquiries.
- For information such as how to use Instagram to make a submission, refer to the Instagram instructions or make an inquiry to Instagram. As a general rule, the campaign secretariat will not reply to such inquiries.
- It may not be possible to make submissions in some cases due to server congestion.
4. Cautions regarding participation in the Campaign
4-1. Rights to the Posted Works reside with the Secretariat
- Rights to use of the Posted Works on the websites and social network service accounts operated by the Secretariat, at sponsored events, and in anthologies and pamphlets, etc., created shall reside with the Secretariat.
- Posted Works may be used in newspapers, magazines, on television, or on websites, etc., as public relations initiatives for the Campaign. Such use may also include display of the photographers’ handle names.
4-2. Posted Works
- Copyright to Posted Works shall reside with the photographer.
- Posted Works shall be limited to those for which permission has been received from both the subject and photographer with regard to submissions to the Campaign.
- Posted Works may in some cases have their size or colour amended prior to posting.
- We are unable to respond to requests for the return, etc., of Posted Works. Your understanding is appreciated.
- Posted Works may be subject to download from the Website or reused by third parties in some cases. Your understanding is appreciated.
- For deletion of Posted Works or withdrawal of postings, please e-mail the Olympus Instagram Break Free Photo Contest Secretariat (email@example.com)
4-3. Prohibited actions regarding photos posted
- Posting of photos for which permission has not been received from the subject.
- Listing of information in Posted Works that allow the identification of individuals.
- Posting of photos already released in other printed materials or exhibitions, etc.
- Acts that are in violation of laws and ordinances, or assistance with, solicitation, coercion, or promotion of such acts.
- Acts that place excessive load on the server used for the Campaign.
- Acts that impede the running of the Campaign.
- Acts that impede other people’s submissions to the Campaign.
- Pre-election campaigning, election campaigning, or similar acts, or acts in contravention of the Public Office Election Law.
- Acts that infringe on the honour, reputation, privacy, rights to usage of likeness, publicity rights, copyrights and other intellectual property rights, or other rights, of other people (including all those defined by law and recognised by precedent).
- Acts corresponding to slander, threat, or harassment of other customers.
- Buying or selling, auctioning, monetary payment or other similar acts without the permission of the Secretariat.
- Publicising of profile content for the purposes of advertising or publicity for products or services without permission from the Secretariat, or spam e-mails, chain e-mails, or other such solicitations.
- Impersonation of others by using the names of other persons or companies, etc.
- Acts in violation of public order and morals, or of common sense.
- Other acts based on the above.
4-4. Suspension of publication of Posted Works
When the Secretariat deems that actions corresponding to the above violations have occurred, or other acts in violation of the Agreement have occurred, the Secretariat may remove the selection and cease publication on the Website.
No notification will be provided when publication is withheld or cancelled. Please refrain from making inquiries concerning the reasons for said cancellation or withholding.
5. Operation of the Campaign
- The content and conditions of the Campaign are subject to change without notice. Where it deems necessary, the Secretariat may take any measures necessary, including freely changing the Agreement, to ensure the appropriate operation of the Website.
- Customers shall abide by the operating methods of the Secretariat with regard to submissions for the Campaign, and shall not make any objections to said operating methods.
Suspension or discontinuation of the service
The service may be suspended or discontinued without notice if any of the following occur.
- Periodic or urgent maintenance of the service systems
- When system malfunctions, etc., make provision of the service impossible
- When fire or power outages, etc., make provision of the service impossible
- When disasters such as earthquakes or tsunami make provision of the service impossible
- When suspension or discontinuation of the service is deemed necessary for other technical or operational reason
Even if delay, suspension, or discontinuation of the service occurs for other than the reasons stated above, the campaign secretariat shall assume no responsibility for damages incurred by participants or third parties as a result.
Recommended operating environments
[Windows] Internet Explorer 11.0 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
[Mac] Mac OS 10.8 or later, Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
[Smartphones] iOS 9.0 or later, Android 6.0 or later
6. Handling of private information
7. Liability for compensation
- If a customer violates the Agreement or commits other improprieties or illegal acts with regard to submissions to the Campaign, through which damages to the Secretariat or third parties arise, said customer must make reparations for these damages.
- In the event of disputes arising between a customer and third parties with regard to submissions to the Campaign, the customer shall resolve said disputes at their own responsibility and expense, and the Secretariat shall bear no responsibility unless said disputes arise through bad faith or gross negligence on the part of the Secretariat.
The Secretariat shall bear no responsibility for damages incurred by customers or third parties associated with submissions to the Campaign, or arising from use or cessation of use of the Website, or through system problems occurring with the Website, except where said damages arise through bad faith or gross negligence on the part of the Secretariat. Additionally, when the Secretariat deems that customers have violated the Agreement, the Secretariat may block accounts, or take actions that it deems necessary such as deletion of posts for the Campaign. The Secretariat shall bear no responsibility for damages incurred as a result of these actions except where said damages arise through bad faith or gross negligence on the part of the Secretariat.
9. Inquiries regarding the Campaign
Olympus Instagram Break Free Photo Contest Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*Inquiries received will be examined and handled sequentially on weekdays between 9 am and 5 pm.
*As we are closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays, replies may be delayed.
We appreciate your understanding on this matter.